Thursday, having taken my computer to the studio, I started this post:
STRUGGLES Frothy mess of a painting; yeow.
Some days I should look only and not touch. Tomorrow will be a a day of undoing, the undoing I did today.
Cocktails will be in order, to order the disorder of the afternoon.
I did not post it.
Today I went back in to the studio with fresh eyes, and instantly saw that in the upper left corner of the canvas, the marks need to be made more subtle and the color quieted just a bit. I put the painting on the mantle over the fireplace (yes the studio has a fireplace and a mantle) and there it sits so I can look at it.
I am now working on the second canvas.
Perspective is everything.
Where is that beer? It's frothy; celebrating success.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.